Sunday, January 9, 2011

Feature #7: David Sinclair, Philanthropist...

Name: David Sinclair
Current Job Position Title: Philanthropist, Comedian, and Student

Company Name (optional):
ATL H.O.P.E. (Helping Our People Eat)

Contact Information:
email- camodave1@gmail.com
Facebook- look me up under camodave@verizon.net (not an active email address though)
Twitter- JerseyFresh123

Special skills:
My special skills are that I can easily make even the most stern of people laugh. And everyone's mother loves me! I mean seriously, getting moms to love you is a skill!

Describe your job story:
I currently work at Comcast as a telesales rep. I got the job thru running my mouth and actually bumping into someone in a mall who offered me the job. Weird, but thats actually how I have received most all of jobs. I have never in my job history had a formal interview. That is good AND bad at the same time.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
In Jersey, it is illegal to pump your own gas. We have gas station attendants whose sole job is to pump your gas for you. That is their job. I said that to tell you this: When i was like 5 or 6 years old I wanted to be a gas station attendant. The reason behind that was simple… gas station attendants don't have a cash register or till so the petty cash they use in order to give a customer their change is in their pocket. I thought all that money was theirs. Of course, at 5 years old I didn't know any better! Their pockets were rich and fat with money! Who wouldn't want that?! Another note: My first job was (once i was legal enough to have a tax paying job) you guessed it: a gas station attendant….. needless to say that money did not belong to them!!! (smh)
Are doing your dream job?
Am i doing my dream job? Hmm… I make people laugh and sometimes I get paid for it. What do I mean by that? I mean my sister is a stand up comedian, also a very close friend of ours as well… sometimes they pay me to write jokes for them and I like to think i do it quite well. Some of my stuff has been on the Mo'Nique show.. other stuff on Jamie Foxx's Foxxhole on Sirius satellite radio! Its not my dream job but im good at it and i get a few dollars.

My dream job is to have my own non-profit organization to help feed and shelter the homeless and needy… especially veterans. I currently do that already with a group one of my cousins started so I guess I am kinda doing my dream job!
What do you like MOST about what you do?
Philanthropy is the effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind.
This is what and who I am! I'm a philanthropist first before anything, which means i LOVE LOVE to help people. Helping is fun and there is no greater joy than hearing someone genuinely thanking you. So I feed the homeless on Sundays and also volunteer when I can. I am an active member in the BBBS (Big Brother Big Sister) program and so I have a "little brother" Zachary who is 8 years old. But I dont just help people in need, I help anyone with anything, I am pretty handy with tools and cars which is also fun to me!

What do you like the LEAST?
I do not like liars and thieves! Work for what you want! You can get anything you want in life if you either work for it or ask. You would be surprised what people would do or give to you freely if you just ASK them for it… so try asking for things instead of taking them! And be YOURSELF.. its better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not!!

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I see myself working diligently somewhere and be a valuable asset to someone, whether its a job, career, relationship, or just with my family! I am currently bidding on a house right now so hopefully i will have that in my possession and you might catch me doing some kinda random home improvement. BECAUSE REAL MEN LIKE TO RANDOMLY IMPROVE STUFF!! Whoever said "If it aint broke don't fix it," that was either a woman, or a man who never stepped foot inside a Home Depot!!
Are you happy with where you are in life?
I love my life right now. Though i am single at the moment, being single is not a bad thing! I am not discouraged by that. Maybe i am not trying hard enough. Maybe iIam trying too hard. I don't know, but I am enjoying my life and the options that I have and the choices that I am making. NO REGRETS!

What more do you want to do with your life?
I want to be even MORE helpful! I want to build something! I want to support friends and family with their goals. I want more handshakes, hugs, and smiles. I want more THANK YOU's!

What drives/motivates you?
Appreciation motivates me. Good manners motivates me! Genuine people who like to lend a hand motivates me. My nephews motivate me! My friends motivate me!!
What else do you do?
When im not working or helping others, I'm probably somewhere cracking jokes on someone or drinking beer and playing spades. (What? I'm being honest here!!!) And for the record, when it comes to spades, don't do it to yourself. I'm the king...nuff said!

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
Anyone seeking a job or that needs help with employment, I say this: Don't give up! A job is normally 8 hours a day, so for 8 hours day, you need to be filling out applications and browsing online for jobs! JOBS are out here people!! Please do not tell me otherwise. And lets be honest. If you really want a job that bad, put your pride aside and go work for burger king if you have to. But there are plenty jobs out there and people willing to hire and pay you! get out there and get some!!

3 comments:

  1. "Getting mom's to love you is a skill." Lol...I love it. I love your drive to want to help people! Here is a hug, :-), and a handshake, oh yeah, and thank you for sharing with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dream is to help feed the Homeless? Brother, the fact that you have even thought about that make you my hero. God Bless you my brother and I pray that dream comes true. With perseverance and prayer all dreams come true

    Ephesians 6:18 (NIV)
    18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RESPONSE FROM DAVID:
    wow!! thank you guys for the kind words!! AJohnson and Sir William!! you guys JUST made my day!! so to that i will say: Thank YOU and be well!! Neely told me to check this... My answers werent like most others... i was just having fun with it and being honest with MYSELF as i typed it... for others to read and share which YOU did. (guess thats what Neely wanted huh?) anyways thanks for reading!! and feel free to add me!! come along and feed the homeless with me sometime!!respect!.

    ReplyDelete