Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Feature #21: Adelia A. Johnson, Staff Assistant

 
Name: Adelia A. Johnson

Current Job Position Title: Staff Assistant with the TriO Program Educational Talent Search

Company Name: Clark Atlanta University Educational Talent Search

Contact Information: Ajohnson@cau.edu

Special skills:
I am skilled in all applications of Microsoft Office, typing at 80 WPM, I am a natural motivator and encourager. I am very positive and have the ability to control the environments mood that I am in.

Describe your job story:
I started in undergrad doing work study with this program from 2003-2006. I then graduated and worked a few jobs. The last job I had I was miserable, unfulfilled, and wanted more. I began fasting and praying in July of 2010. I would go and talk to the Director of my current department and express my interest in coming back full time. In November of 2010 a position opened up, I claimed it as my own and here I am. I not only got the position, but I also will be pursuing my Masters degree in Social Work as of Fall 2011.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
I wanted to be a teacher or a pediatrician.

Are doing your dream job?
Not as of today, but my current job puts me in the position to make all of my dreams of changing the world and creating opportunities for others come true.

What do you like MOST about what you do?
 I love being able to learn about grant writing and what it takes to run and operate a TriO program hands on.

What do you like the LEAST?
When things get busy and I can’t digest and learn certain processes of operating the program

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Pursuing my PhD and spitting out published writings at least twice a year.

Are you happy with where you are in life?
I am. It only gets better.

What more do you want to do with your life?
Create positive opportunities for others. Encourage others to dream big and do what it takes to make their dreams reality. I want to create the Village that once was. I want to get our world on a foundation of love and operating in will and purpose.

What drives/motivates you?
 God drives me. Dreams motivates me. Change encourages me. Encouraging others keeps me focused.

What else do you do?
I read, write, paint, sing (not to American Idol’s standards, but to shower standards I qualify, Lol), dance, research, and find ways to inspire others. I also love to help others purse their dreams.

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
Create opportunities for yourself. Think outside the box and talk to people. Don’t judge books by their cover because you never know who you are talking to. Volunteer and express interest to people. They will create opportunities for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment