Friday, January 14, 2011

Feature #27: Sabrina L. Williams, Interactive Voice Response Coach...


Name: Sabrina L. Williams

Current Job Position Title: I have to many titles at work, but the one I like the best is Interactive Voice Response Coach

Company Name (optional): Nationwide Financial

Special skills: Customer behavioral research, effective team work, PATIENCE with others, effective communication of problems as well as ideas for resolution


Describe your job story:
When I moved to the city where I currently reside, my brother was already at the company. He helped to pass my resume and I started off in a call center. I found a department that I was interested in, set up a meeting with the manager of that team and gave her my resume. I interviewed with her and was offered a job with my current team. The job entails a lot, but I know that after I obtain my Master's degree, my job duties will become more focused.



What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
I've always wanted to be a pediatrician. In high school, I focused on being a pediatric rheumatologist, specifically. After my freshman year of college, I learned that biology was not for me, so I eventually ended up a communication major.



Are doing your dream job?
 Unfortunately, no. I would LOVE to voice a cartoon character and sing more.



What do you like MOST about what you do?
I'm in a very powerful position to help consumers access their retirement accounts. I help to relieve frustration and inconvenience, and I like that I'm able to do that for others.



What do you like the LEAST?
I'm all over the place! I've proven myself to be a reliable associate, so I'm called on for everything. Sometimes it's difficult to prioritize everything that is given to me to complete. I get it done, though ;)



Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I see myself in a position within a company that is consumer driven and very focused. I also see myself with more time to do things that I am truly passionate about, like singing :)



Are you happy with where you are in life?
I am extremely thankful and content with life. There are only better things ahead.



What more do you want to do with your life?
I want to be in a position to help young girls make wiser decisions, as well as help the homeless.



What drives/motivates you?
Making God smile.


What else do you do?
Sing, dance, act goofy, laugh, crochet, decorate cakes, cook...


What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
 You HAVE to trust in the Lord to be your sole provider. Recognize that you may not always get what you want, but He'll make sure that you have what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment