Sunday, January 16, 2011

Feature #30: Brittney N. Lannaman, Pharmacist


Name: Brittney N. Lannaman

Current Job Position Title: Pharmacist

Company Name: Winn Dixie

Contact Information: Twitter @MrsBNL

Special skills:
I am skilled at effective patient communication whether I am dealing with an irate patient or one who simply needs medicinal clarification and/or understanding.

Describe your job story:
In order to become a pharmacist, one must undertake rigorous training in all areas of medicine. It takes a minimum of six years to complete school. Not only are we expected to comprehend what each medication is generally used for but we also are expected to have a thorough working knowledge of how it works in the body for each disease state.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
Growing up, I wanted to be a lawyer because lawyers make great money! Are doing your dream job? I am loving my current career at the moment. However, I believe it is simply a stepping stone for the future.

What do you like MOST about what you do?
I enjoy making a difference in the lives of my patients everyday by helping them achieve targeted outcomes from medication use.

What do you like the LEAST?
The thing I like the least are the long 12 hour days.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I plan on possibly pursuing pharmacy law and being much more involved in ministry.

Are you happy with where you are in life?
I am extremely happy with life right now. I have GOD, a beautiful family and a career as opposed to a job.

What more do you want to do with your life?
I would love to impact more patients on a different level such as specifically being able to target the diabetic or hypertensive population.

What drives/motivates you?
My grandmother was on a lot of medication before she passed away but I was always too young to help her understand and monitor her medication use. Since the , my GOD given passion and desire to educate more people about the importance of proper medication use keeps me driven.

What else do you do?
I am also a full time wife and mother who enjoys praising GOD, family time and movies!

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
Pray and seek GOD. When I graduated from college with my Doctorate of pharmacy degree, I went 5 months looking for work in my area. Always remember that when people continue to tell you no, GOD has the final say and His YES trumps any mans NO!
Dr. Brittney N. Lannaman signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment