Sunday, January 16, 2011

Feature #31: Walter Whitehead, Asset Management Analyst

Name: Walter Whitehead

Current Job Position Title: Asset Management Analyst

Company Name: ...it's a major Wall Street firm

Contact Information: walterwhitehead@gmail.com

Special skills:

I can count the change in your purse, very fast. LOL

Describe your job story:
While in College, I always kept an internship in my field of interest i.e. banking. During the course of my Junior Year (final internship) an upperclassmen reached out and encouraged me to apply to the firm where he was currently employed. I did, and received a full time offer.

To succeed/excel at what I do every day, one must be able to be very hungry, ambitious, have a strong desire to succeed, however, be able to NEVER show these qualities... it comes off as very tasteless and thirsty. Moreover, one must be able to sit in the presence of international royalty, CEO's of major (and popular) companies, celebrities, yet never show too much excitement, these are your clients, relax... and of course the usual: attention to detail, great quantitative and people skills etc. lol


What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
I've always wanted to be only one thing my whole life: WEALTHY.

Are doing your dream job? Yes ma'am.

What do you like MOST about what you do?
I'm learning what I believe to be the most transferable skills in corporate america. I'm using what I learn on the job, in my personal endeavors! Furthermore, I enjoy working with clients at this level of sophistication - i.e. average 20million net-worth.

What do you like the LEAST?
The ambiguity of corporate america is mind blowing and at times very distracting... Be hungry, but don't show you're too hungry. Be early, but not too early. Be right all the time, but don't be too perfect... etc.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Finishing Graduate School - Masters in Business Administration (MBA)

Are you happy with where you are in life?
Very much so :)

What more do you want to do with your life?
become a CFA Charter holder; earn my MBA; marriage, childern; and other personal business goals - all income related.

What drives/motivates you?
Financial Independence for myself, my immediate family, and my close friends.

What else do you do?
watch scary movies, LOL

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
I would encourage them to attend a trade school, akin to the institutions with commercials that come on during the day. I believe the TRUE purpose of college is employment (a whole 'nother blog, lol). As it is, attending a trade school is the closest thing to just that, employment. Stop searching for a job and start searching for a trade school! Employment should be a very organic next step post graduation from a specialty school, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment