Monday, January 10, 2011

Feature #8: Courtney Livingston, Biller...


Current Job Position Title: Biller and Miss Black Arizona 2011

Company Name: Dayton Freight

Contact Information: missblackaz2011@gmail.com

Special skills:
My special skills would include communication and computer knowledge

Describe your job story:
I actually got my job not based on my experience, but the fact that God placed the opportunity before me. I was looking for employment and a saw the ad in Career Builder and applied. They called me back and we did an interview, next thing I know I was hired. I’m thankful because this is the highest paying job so far that I had. It allows me to continue my educational endeavors as well as spend time with family and friends.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
 As a child/teenager I had many dreams. I always had been told how much of a wonderful writer I am, so I thought about journalism. I have submitted writings before in various contests such as poetry and the local newspaper where I’m from and was blessed to share it with others through those outlets.

Are doing your dream job?
I’m still pursing my dream job. I want to become a clinical psychologist and emphasize particularly in African American issues. I already have associates in Arts already

What do you like MOST about what you do?
What I like most with what I do is I’m able to assist the company in billing other companies financially as well with their commodities throughout the United States and abroad.

What do you like the LEAST?
What I least like is actually nothing! I really enjoy what I do for the time being. It’s important to remind ourselves while we are in transition to something greater for our individual selves that we have a grateful attitude because when the moment arrives that’s when the reward will show.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
In the next five years I see myself with a PhD in psychology. Married with children and continuing to make an impact within the community I reside.

Are you happy with where you are in life?
I’m happy where I am in life right now. Of course I want better but right now I’m content with God’s Blessing. I know that God has a greater purpose for me and I’m still walking out my purpose everyday. I know and understand that doors and windows will continue to be open for me as long as I keep a positive attitude.

What more do you want to do your life?
I want to be the best that I can be throughout my life journey. I want to be an effective vessel while I’m still here on Earth. I want to make a difference in somebody else’s life besides myself. Life is about something greater other than you

What drives/motivates you?
What motivates me is God, family, friends, and myself. Life motivates me to keep going to keep striving for excellence

What else do you do?
I’m currently Miss Black Arizona 2011. My platform is Operation H.E.A.R.T (Help Eliminate Assault and Risks Together) which focus is to bring awareness and end domestic violence

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
I would say keep God in your heart first and trust in Him. Just know that God is aware of your needs and he will provide.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you see yourself as a motivation. That is awesome! That means you believe in everything that God has given you that makes you YOU.

    ReplyDelete