Saturday, January 8, 2011

Feature #2: Jeralyn Spooner, Teacher's Assistant



Name: Jeralyn Spooner

Job Position Title: Teacher’s Assistant

Company Name: Belfair Elementary

Special skills:
I’m adaptable, easy to get along with, a fast learner, got some computer skills, and I love children. (Gotta love children to be in this line of work.)

Describe your career story:
Simply put, it was a blessing from God. I was told about the job one day. That same day, I was called in for an interview. Less than a month later, I was working!!

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
I had (and still have) so many interests. I guess you can say that teaching was one of those interests.

Are doing your dream job?
Not really. I’d much rather be working with high school-aged children, but I love my babies, and they love me too.

What do you like MOST about what you do?
The funny things the children say and do.

What do you like the LEAST?
Cleaning up after the children (they’re just 3 – 6 years old)

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
As an accomplished author who’s married to a God-fearing Christian man that brings the perfect balance to my life.

Are you happy with where you are in life?
Yes. I do desire to have more (Who doesn’t?), but I’ve learned to be content with what I have and with where I am. I thank God all the time for where He has me.

What more do you want to do with your life?
My husband and my own family.

What drives/motivates you?
The Word of God—it’s the reason I live and am alive!!

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
Trust in Jesus!! I was in this exact same position before I was blessed with my job. I had all but given up hope, and then I prayed and held on a little while longer, and Jesus came through for me!! And He most definitely can do the same for you!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you acknowledge God in all of your endeavors! He is the reason why for everything.

    ReplyDelete