Thursday, December 12, 2013

Feature #90: Khalil Abdul-Aziz, Founder/CEO


Name: Khalil Abdul-Aziz

Current Job Position Title: Founder/CEO

Company Name: Street Credit, Inc.

Contact Information: Atlanta, GA 678-590-CRED (2733); www.streetcreditinc.org

Special skills: Financial Literacy, Public Speaking, Corporate Trainer, Mentor, Community Activist

Describe your job story: 
I am the father of two beautiful daughters and founder/CEO of Street Credit, Inc. Born and raised against odds I broke society’s expectation of who I should be. A native of Lansing, MI my roots go deep down under, where only a hustler’s mentality survives. As a preteen, a business-minded man was born. From selling candy to hustling herb (and all those things between), I began developing street creds. I eventually found passion in sports, becoming a top-rated leading high school football quarterback.

I give major love, respect and recognition to my late brother Bico (my first teacher).
We were the dynamic duo creating a buzz around the Lansing area, through our management company called Moor’Rockn Productions. I found an interest in promoting parties, recording, and marketing. Hence the birth of Flava Entertainment, a marketing company, where I developed skills of management promotion and advertisement for commercial ads and local concerts. At one point, I opened a retail store in the Lansing Mall in my early 20s.

In 2001, I lost my brother, friend, teacher, business partner to the same streets I had once depended on. Although my brother’s passing was like a sharp pain in the chest, I decided to keep going. I opened a teen night club in his honor and called it “Club Bicos”. My reputation as a business man, marketing director, and club promoter started to emerge locally.

In 2006, I relocated to Atlanta, GA. With a fresh start and anxious ambition, I took interest in higher education and career development for adults. I was beginning to tap into my purpose. I decided to continue my education, earning a Master’s in Business Administration. And yet another level of my life unfolds, as I launched Street Credit, Inc. in 2010.

My professional reputation throughout metro Atlanta has gain some momentum. I’m working towards Street Credit’s national/global success. I bring to Street Credit a structured expertise of a former club owner, the savvy intellectual style of a professional promoter, and a salesman’s strategy that teaches you to invest in self. Over the years, my business and life experiences have led me to give back. Street Credit is the vessel I use to reach others.

The organization offers the education and resources needed for a healthy financial way of life. The wisdom and swagger I encompass and  will build character in the youth, as well as, continue to give me fuel to carry on.

Street Credit is the major highway that connects side streets and alley ways by way of knowledge, love for self, and financial excellence.

Don’t sleep on da Street! (Street Credit, Inc)
What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
 I wanted to own my own business.

Are doing your dream job? Yes

What do you like MOST about what you do? What do you like the LEAST?
1.       Empowering youth with financial literacy.
2.      Competing for funding with other non-profit organizations. 
3.       
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 
I see myself leading a huge financial literacy movement that will touch every low income community in this nation. We will provide solutions that will create financial freedom and healtheir lifestyles. Youth and parents will understand how to leverage the 3 main ways to wealthBusiness, Stocks and Real Estate

Are you happy with where you are in life? 
I am thankful but believe in continuous improvement. I believe you must seek knowledge and opportunities to grow personally and professionally until God calls us home.  

What more do you want to do with your life? 
I would love to coach high school or college football. Often-times i think about getting into the ministry.

What drives/motivates you? 
My family and my people motivate me. While I am on this earth I must take my family and my people further and make progress spiritually and economically.

What else do you do? Higher Education Management

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
Get out and  attend events, network and put yourself out there. Introduce yourself to someone new everyday; you never know who you may be standing next to the grocery store. Think outside the box and be creative. Don't rely on traditional methods i.e. career builder, monsters and career fairs. The best way to find work is to know somebody, who knows somebody, who knows somebody. Finally, if you can't find a job use your God given gifts, pool your resources, and create a job for yourself, family, and your people!

No comments:

Post a Comment