Monday, December 9, 2013

Feature #86: Tremaine "JustMaine" Springer, Freelance Film Editor


Name
Tremaine "JustMaine" Springer

Current Job Position Title
Freelance Film Editor

Contact Information

Special Skills
Very Punctual 
Perfectionist 
Dedicated to complete tasks at hand

Describe your job story
I attended the Art Institute of Atlanta seven years ago in hopes of increasing my knowledge of audio engineering but was directed into the world of video production. I took a liking to video editing and graduated in 2009 with a digital film-making degree. I have been freelance editing ever since on various projects from short films to commercials for local businesses. 

What did you want to be when you were a child/teenager
As a child, I wanted to be a computer tech. For some reason, I was very interested in finding out how machines worked. As a teenager, I wanted to do music. I used to tap pencils on the tables at lunch time and beat box. 

Are you doing your dream job
No, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

What do you like MOST about what you do? What do you like the LEAST
I love the response clients and viewers of my work give me. I do not like the waiting process for files to render and export. 

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years
In the next 5 years I hope I am a respected director of short films and a music composer. 

Are you happy with where you are in life
Yes, always striving to be better.

What more do you want to do with your life
I would love to complete a poetry book, and direct a classic film.

What drives/motivates you
The thought of failing motivates me, and being a great role model drives me

What else do you do
I am also a poet, script writer, freelance photographer and music producer.

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope
Pray and let God guide you in the right direction, before you know it something will come up but you have to do the leg work and he will eventually answer you..never give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment