Monday, December 2, 2013

Feature #79: Amy Knight, Homemaker & Military Reservist

Name: Amy Knight

Current Job Position Title: Homemaker (Housewife) and Military Reservist

Company Name: Knight Residence and U.S. Army

Contact Information: 770-403-3149 amyknight22@gmail.com

Special skills: None that I know of right now

Describe your job story:  I worked many jobs until I joined the military.  I was enlisted (fulltime) for  two years but I got pregnant right before I went to Korea (yes I was married) and was given the option to stay in and get deployed to Iraq four months after I had her.  After I left the military I went back to school and then got a job at the Post office as a rural carrier.  I worked there for six years and resigned after having my fourth child.  When I had my third child I joined the Army Reserves.  I am still in the Reserves.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
When I was a child I wanted to be a lawyer.

 Are doing your dream job?  
I am not sure if this is a dream job but its okay.  I do believe I would like working outside of the home better than staying at home with the kids.

What do you like MOST about what you do? What do you like the LEAST?
I like that I get to spend most of my time with my kids and my husband but I don't like not having a lot of adult interaction and friends in the outside world.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?  
I see myself in the same field.  I will probably have two more kids by then and still be
working taking care of my family in the home.

Are you happy with where you are in life?  
Yes I am.

What more do you want to do with your life?  
I don't know.  I could do so many things.

What drives/motivates you?  
My family motivates me!! My husband and my many kids.

What else do you do?  
I volunteer within the schools as well as with their many activities such as cheerleading, football, baseball and girl scouts to name a few.

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?  
I would say to keep your head up.  Don't give up and go online and apply, apply, apply!!

No comments:

Post a Comment