Thursday, November 21, 2013

Feature #73: Crystal Heard-Baldwin, Intake Analyst

Name: Crystal Heard-Baldwin

Current Job Position Title: Intake Analyst

Company Name: Hartford Insurance Group

Contact Information: 678-538-7658

Special skills: customer service, general insurance knowledge, state-specific insurance knowledge, knowledge of medical terminology and basic anatomy

Describe your job story: 

I previously worked for a construction management firm as a training coordinator.  When the economy began to decline, I was laid off.  Within a few weeks of that, my current employer found my resume online. They were looking for a temp to help organize their Short Term Disability department.  I was hired the same day I interviewed.  I worked as a temp for 3 months.  During that time, I built an excellent rapport.  So when a job opening became available in the department, I was a great fit.  I've been here almost 5 years now. In my current position, I assist disability claimants with starting new claims, answer questions about their existing claim and also gather necessary medical information from their treating provider.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager? 

When I a child, I wanted to be a pediatrician.

Are doing your dream job? 

Not full-time, but I'm headed in that direction.

What do you like MOST about what you do?  

I love helping people during what can be a very difficult time.

What do you like the LEAST? 

People can be very mean and difficult to deal with when you're handling their money!  I get cussed out a lot...LOL.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?  

I see myself working part-time as freelance makeup artist, and full-time as a wife and mother.

Are you happy with where you are in life? 

I'm very happy right now! Of course there is always room for improvement, but I'm in a very good place right now.

What more do you want to do with your life? I know that my husband and I want children in the next 2-3 years, but other than that, I'm open. I definitely want to continue working as a freelance makeup artist.

What drives/motivates you? 

God, family and a passion for helping people.

What else do you do?  I'm also a freelance makeup artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment