Sunday, November 24, 2013

Crawl out Your Shell [LIKE THIS]

For a long time, I have adored my own company...spending time with myself. I like to make discoveries and share them with Jesus Christ...even though He's already seen them. He saw them long before I did.

I didn't develop a relationship with myself until I moved to Buffalo, NY, in 2008, though. I mean, I thought I knew myself, but it was up there that I truly was "found." There were days that I had no one to talk to. No family, no friends. Since all my family was in Atlanta, I literally had to get out the box I was in and communicate with other. Aside from going to class, I wanted to find a church home and activities on my grad school's campus. I had to experience community. 

After visiting about 3-4 churches, I found one that I could latch onto. I also found a Bible study group on campus that I could visit weekly. 

Without community with others, how can you find peace?

How can you find peace within yourself and communicate with others, if you have no sense of community?

Believe it or not, communicating with others helps you to "find yourself" because you will know what you need to fix or improve. I'm not talking about physical appearance, either. 

Get of the box. Crawl out your shell.

You have so much more going for you than against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment