Monday, March 24, 2014

Never Let a JOB Control You

I think wayyyy too many of us get caught up in needing to pay bills and take care of responsibilities that we lose track of how to enjoy life. We don't take time to look at the sky and we end up missing the sunrise and sunset because of our focus on paying rent and utilities. We begin living to eat instead of eating to live. We get caught up in MAJOR pleasures rather that MINOR pleasures. We forget what simple pleasures are, or we're just not aware of them. We lose track of time!



If you have the "rug" snatched from under your feet, will you survive? Someone I love very dearly has had the employment rug ripped from underneath her feet more than once in less than a year and both times, she has been forced to seek employment in frenzies. I dread seeing her this way, as she has bills, personal needs, and not to mention, A LITTLE DOG! She has things to do! I cannot imagine having that to happen to me.

I have gotten terminated from a job before and I felt like a free bird for the first couple weeks. But after a  while, I became stressed and felt myself get a little antsy and frantic. Why do jobs create such stress? Especially when we all come from lineages and bloodlines of people who could take care of their own families by running their own businesses. Many people today still carry on family businesses or create their own career paths, but there are many others of us who chase other people's dreams rather than our own. We are mentally depending on finding a job or employment as opposed to creating it ourselves. As a result of that mindset, we tend to feel that all is lost after that job is yanked away from us in the form of suspension, downsizing, termination, or firing. 6 words:


Never Let a JOB Control You.

You hold the keys to your destiny...somewhat. If you have issues with understanding your purpose, do what my grandmother and mother always tell me...pray about it. Don't live your life with a miserable mindset. Don't allow employment or lack thereof consume your mind. Get peace through prayer with the Lord. Talk to Him. We are all born with the innate ability to pray.

I stopped being miserable at work. I stopped stressing. If I want to exit anything, I know that I will need to plan first. If I want to do anything, I know that I need to plan first.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.

– Psalm 32:8

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. 
- Romans 12:2


No comments:

Post a Comment