Wednesday, June 22, 2016

God's Timing Is Always Perfect

I am learning in hard and easy ways to trust the Lord's will. He has spoiled me with so many blessings that sometimes, I get out of hand with my expectations of Him. Jesus has blessed me so much and so quickly that I sometimes feel that He should continue to hurry up and bless me, but that's not how He works. Many times, I am forced to be patient, even when I don't want to be. It's more difficult as I get older and my needs change. I simply want what I want when I want it.
The Lord's word gives comfort to those who want to rush Him. I love the Holy Bible because if we get out of our feelings fast enough and direct them toward reading the holy scriptures, we will develop patience. We will begin to calm down and gain focus. We will realize that it really isn't all about us and that greater plans lie ahead. Something miraculous will happen:

 WE WILL BEGIN TO FULLY TRUST GOD'S TIMING.

I was whining about how I didn't have the income or employment that I wanted the other day and began to feel that irking, miserable feeling again. I'd felt like this before, but found peace after reading scriptures and confiding in encouraging friends; however, I was yo-yo'd back into the same, depressing hole. My despair had returned and I wanted to be somewhere else doing something else. I felt stuck and helpless.
As always, I confided in my fiance who encouraged me that things would get better soon. His motivation was helpful, but I still yearned to grab my belongings and run out the door. I frantically searched for scriptures on the computer so that my desperate soul could be coaxed. I found one verse [John 6:27] that fixed everything:
Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
I also began reading articles about how deception occurs and how many people are turned after God to serve after their own lusts or desires. I didn't want to be that person. I want to serve God with all my heart--not an opportunity!!
o-HAPPY-WOMAN-facebook
Woman visiting Montmartre, Paris
Instantly, my wild and distraught spirit was tamed. I no longer wanted to remove myself from where He'd put me for a purpose. I also reminded myself that I needed to plan if I wanted anything more. Proverbs 16:3 says,
 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

So, I was made new again. My mind's REFRESH button had been pressed and I could smile knowing that the Lord had everything under control. Not enough people know that God's word can do miraculous things. It can heal the sick, take away pain, and even remove impatience from a person's entire being! I didn't think anything could shake the feeling that I had but I was so wrong. God's word literally fed my starving soul enough for me to get through the day and remain inspired up until now.
God's timing is impeccable and I am determined to trust Him. Rather than complain the next time that the waves of miserability come crashing upon my shore, I will be steadfast in the Lord. I will practice remembering His promises for a better future. I know that the ripples are forming now and will grow begin enough to return. By the time they approach me, I will be ready to flatten them with the word of God.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. - Jeremiah 29:11

Be encouraged.

Get Neely's 3rd book, Midnight Snacks for the Hungry Soul on www.thebrownorangebooks.com (BookStore). FREE SHIPPING + FREE BOOKMARK.

No comments:

Post a Comment