Thursday, March 17, 2011

Feature #41: Melanie D. Dunbar, Support Coordinator...


Name: Melanie D. Dunbar

Current Job Position Title: Lead Family Support Coordinator, Personal Stylist

Contact Information: melanie@untamedonline.com; adornbyuntamed.etsy.com

Special skills: helping people develop their personal style, telling it like it really is with respect

Describe your job story: Well, I'd rather tell you how I'm planning to get to where I want to be...I'm a personal stylist, aspiring to get into modeling and life coaching. I am currently writing and planning for a talk-show that will address societal issues in their truest/rawest form. I have done some modeling in the past, but I'm currently making submissions to various retailers and natural hair product lines in an effort to become the face of their company. Sounds like a lot? This isn't even the half of it. The secret is dream big, work smart and remain persistent. Procrastination is of the devil LOL!

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
A supermodel

Are doing your dream job?
Somewhat...but I'm working on it and I WILL!

What do you like MOST about what you do?
I enjoy being able to inspire through experience and real talk (not what Young Jeezy was talking about)

What do you like the LEAST?
Politics and censorship as it relates to having to operate inside of politically correct rules and practices

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
I'll be a media mogul and world renowned author/life-coach.

Are you happy with where you are in life?
I truly am.

What more do you want to do with your life?
Inspire and educate others on a broader scale.

What drives/motivates you?
Rising from poverty through my own merits.

What else do you do?
I design custom jewelry and I create custom paper products: invitations, programmes, flyers, business cards, etc...

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
Like I said before be persistent, remained focused, research and develop your craft. Exude confidence and decide to NEVER lose hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment