Friday, July 4, 2014

When Life Smacks You Hard on the Face

I have a way of keeping my own self motivated by re-focusing my mind and numbing my emotions. In a way, I zone out and make serious efforts to pursue a more pleasant feeling. When I get bad news or am in an uncomfortable situation, I take a deep breath and think about what I enjoy. I enjoy imagination, so...I imagine. I imagine myself in a different situation. I picture myself a few more years down the line and wonder, Will things be better then? Then my optimistic side answers, But of course!

See, I'm an optimist. And like I may have mentioned in another post, blog, note, or one of my 200+ YouTube vids, I refuse to be plagued by negativity, negative people, or negative things. When life snatches its hand back and brings it down hard on my face, I imagine. I use what my Creator instilled in me and create a new mindset. I don't kick my situation to the curb, though. I don't forget...I simply reset and try something else.

We have got to live by this wonderful scripture...

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV)

The pattern of this world is to let hardships and disappointments break your peace of mind. The pattern of this world is to feel defeated when challenges come. I can't and won't let that happen.

I must always keep my mind stayed on Jesus Christ.

I refuse to lose hope. Here's one of my latest FB statuses:
"Better to believe in something than nothing at all. That's where HOPE comes from. If we had no hope, we'd be sitting somewhere angry, defensive, and bitter. KEEP HOPE ALIVE."
So, before you give up, drop the ball, or throw in the towel, quickly remind yourself of YOUR POWER to create new thoughts and a new mindset. Shift your thinking, especially when you have no control of your circumstance(s).

1 comment: