Saturday, November 19, 2011

Feature #44: Derek Barber King II, Executive Chef


Name: Derek Barber King II

Current Job Position Title: Executive Chef

Company Name: Tropical Deli

Contact Information: 404-201-8649; mrking9000@yahoo.com

Special skills: Being a child of God, cooking, problem solving, listening, video games, being a father, husband, and friend.

Describe your job story: Graduated from Le Cordon Bleu and floated around different kitchens and then one day I got a phone cal from Tropical Deli

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager? The President of the United States

Are doing your dream job? One of them

What do you like MOST about what you do? What do you like the LEAST?
I'm in charge and I set my own hours. What I like least is slow days

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? A bigger building

Are you happy with where you are in life? Of course

What more do you want to do with your life? More children

What drives/motivates you? God, my wife, me, and my babies

What else do you do? Read the Bible, pray, be a husband, father, and play video games

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
With God, there is always hope. Start your own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment