Friday, May 2, 2014

Feature #110: Bradd Marquis, Singer, Songwriter...



Name: Bradd Marquis

Current Job Position Title:
 Singer/ Songwriter/ Entrepreneur 

Company Name:
 SOULMAN Music Group, LLC.

Contact Information: Bradd@SOULMANMusicGroup.com

Special skills:
 
Singing/ Writing/ Performing/ Branding/Social Media Marketing and Motivating People

Describe your job story: 
I was born into music and given a great gift by God himself to be able to sing. I fell in love with music in the early 90's, discovered the power and influence of my gift and decided to push it to the next level! Due to the climate of the music industry and my influences, direct and indirect, I decided to start my own company and put out my own music. The music I wanted to make and hear, independently!

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager? 
I wanted to be a Basketball Player, kinda still do! 

Are doing your dream job?
 
I am, I can't lie... Basketball was my dream but God knew better then me where I needed to be! 

What do you like MOST about what you do? What do you like the LEAST? 
I love when my message is received how I intended it! I love being able to uplift and positively influence people and I love making a life doing what I do! I do not like the business of music, the egos and the back biting that tends to happen when money gets involved. 

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
 
I see myself as a nationally and globally recognized musician and actor, making a good healthy consistent living from my art. I see myself developing other artists under my record label and having my hand successfully in other business ventures that extend beyond music!  I also see myself as a more influencing and serviceable figure in my family and community!

Are you happy with where you are in life? 
As an artist, entrepreneur, and general go-getter I have to fight my mind every day to appreciate where I am and what I am doing!  There is always more you want to achieve but overall I am happy and I believe that is the key to progress and personal success. You have to celebrate every achievement along the way, not just the end game!

What more do you want to do with your life? EVERYTHING!!!
What drives/motivates you? 
I want to put myself in a position to influence and help people. I want to give folks the opportunity to be as successful as I hope to become, AAAANNNNDD Honestly I want to make a lot of money, or at least a comfortable amount! 

What else do you do?
 
Play Xbox, Hang out with my family, especially my kabillion nephews. Teach and motivate! 

What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope? 

Like the Great Donkey from Shrek says "You gotta Believe!" What was, is not what is and is not what will be!  Keep believing and working towards your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment