Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Feature #62: Anthony Wilson, Associate City Solicitor



Name:  Anthony Ivan Wilson
 
Contact Information: tony.ivan@gmail.com

Describe your job story:
I defend the city of Springfield in civil suits in both state and federal court.  In state court I defend the city from claims for personal injuries or property damages.  In federal court I defend the city from lawsuits by individuals claiming that a city official violated their civil rights.

This includes defending the city in discrimination and contract suits. I also provide legal advice to the city councilors.  In that capacity I draft proposed legislation and tell the councilors what is legal under state and federal law.

What did you want to be when you were a child/ teenager?
As a child I wanted to design toys.  As a teenager, I wanted to be an engineer.

Are doing your dream job?
This is not the job I dreamed of but I'm am having a lot of fun and learning a lot.

 What do you like MOST about what you do? What do you like the LEAST?  
I like the variety and the people alot.  I dislike some of the politics. Not office politics, real politics.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? 
I don't know.  Hopefully, paid my loans off and still doing interesting work.

 Are you happy with where you are in life? 
What more do you want to do with your life? Yes.

 What drives/motivates you?
The responsibility and need to do a good job.

What else do you do? 
I am on a couple boards and I go to church.
 What is your advice to those who are seeking employment and have no hope?
I would say don't underestimate an opportunity because I job you don't like today may lead to a great job tomorrow 

No comments:

Post a Comment